Saturday, January 12, 2013

Change

change

or Growing Up
I feel like everything is changing. Now, in the past month. Not when I turned 18, or when I went overseas for a year by myself, or when I started university. Maybe because I turned 21 and with it came the realisation that I'm really not a teenager any more. Friends are in long term relationships or are getting engaged. That's totally cool, but I feel like I'm light years away from even thinking about settling down. Dealing with the frustrating reality that I can't control everything, even if it means watching people I deeply care about make the wrong decisions. Trivial things like thinking I should change my social media name for something slightly more mature than a joke that started on schoolies. Wanting to introduce myself with my full name rather than my nickname. Is that growing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment