Tuesday, February 28, 2012

SUSTAINABLE

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Three days into semester and I am loving all my subjects so far- Photography (which for now only involves B&W film- !), Magazine Layout & Typography and Sustainable Futures.
I've always been quite conscious of my choices and their effect on the environment - mostly thanks to my upbringing and a year in Europe (where everyone just seems to be so much more clued up and caring about the earth). Anyway, it's funny how you find that some unlikely subjects overlap, because when I was assigned to study a particular magazine layout, I found that I loved what Dumbo Feather stands for and found their articles, even their (few) advertisements, genuinely meaningful and interesting. One was the KeepCup article- especially exciting for me since I just bought one recently (shameful that I only did so now but I was looking everywhere for one with my absolute favourite coffee - Toby's Estate - logo). Even though one of my resolutions was to drink less coffee, I'll make sure that I never use a paper cup again when I do. You only need to use the KeepCup 15 times for it to start 'helping' the environment and I'm well on my way to that number!
Photobucket
Diggin' my fluoro lunchbox, 'bladder' waterbottle (so handy - folds flat when it's empty!) and KeepCup.
I also always try to minimise packaging, and while I realise that these aren't revolutionary methods, simply taking your own bag to the supermarket, using a lunchbox and not buying bottled water* really minimises your consumption/ waste significantly.
*Yes, I do love mineral water and occasionally buy it bottled but I make sure the glass gets recycled!


No comments:

Post a Comment