Saturday, September 24, 2011

AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S COMPLETE HOUSEHOLD GUIDE

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

"To describe a woman as a wonderful hostess is the highest compliment that can be paid, for it means that the person so described has a capacity for taking pains; that she has tact and charm and a genuine interest in other people."

This book is so funny. I'm really thankful I'm a woman in today's time and not 60 years ago, the deep down feminist in me gets slightly annoyed when reading this, poor mothers in the 1950's must have been such nervous wrecks if they had to read dozens of pages in a guide with just on dinner party etiquette. But this book is also great just for lighthearted reading and some of the content is just so ridiculous, get your hands on a copy if you see it because I'm sure this book is fast becoming a collector's item. I just love the out of focus picture of the creepy-looking lady so proud of her pink and blue cake.

It literally took me DAYS to upload these pictures; going back and forth between Photoshop, Photobucket and Blogger trying to make the images the same, decent size. As I'm studying graphic design I should probably know how to troubleshoot these seemingly basic things...but I don't. So anyway, sorry about the dodgy, uneven sizes of these. I have mild OCD so I probably won't even be able to sleep tonight.

Still seriously LOVING helping with the cookbook shoot, I found myself actually already looking forward to Monday as soon as I finished on Friday. I don't think that's ever been the case with me. Also currently looking into buying a decent camera; at the moment it's looking to be either a Nikon D90 or a Canon 550 or 600D. Still wasting time trailing through forums/researching which is better value.

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty much the best book that has ever existed.
    Daily evacuation of the bowels is definitely important, I can tell you that much.

    ReplyDelete